As the coronavirus pandemic continues it’s important to keep an eye on our mental health as well as others around us. Over the past year, we have been taking part in zoom quizzes, family video chats and even virtual movie nights but what else you do to spread some love during these tough times.
As we continue to stay home and stay safe we have come up with a list of acts of kindness to help keep us all smiling.
- Call a friend or family member who you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Send a motivational text to someone who is struggling.
- Send a food parcel to someone with their favourite treats.
- Ask a neighbour if they need help with their shopping.
- Post a note through your neighbour’s door to check in with them
- Arrange a virtual cuppa with your friends and family.
- Arrange a virtual lunch with a friend, family member or colleague.
- Donate unused or unwanted items from around your home to charity.
- Donate essential food items to your local food bank.
- Volunteer your time at a charity or local food bank.
- Shop at your local convenience store, butchers or greengrocers.
- ‘Like’ a local business on Facebook.
- Write a review on Facebook or Google for a local business that you’ve used.
- Give praise to your colleague for something they’ve done well
- Join a local community litter picking group.
We love spreading community spirit so we’re inviting you to tell us about your acts of kindness, post your kind act on Facebook with the hashtag #randomactsofkindness
Here are a few from our team…
“I have sent a takeaway Sunday Roast from my local pub to my grandad as he’s isolating alone.” - Vicky
“I have arranged an online cocktail making class for me and my friends to do at home on a Saturday night” - Becki
“I have donated food to my local Foodbank who are handing out food parcels to the local community” - Chris
“I have been delivering the newspaper to my elderly neighbour and helping him with food shopping when he needs it” - Alex
“I have given away unwanted toys to local people on Facebook” - Suzanne
Our team are still working during lockdown so if you would like a free market-led valuation or to view a property that we have for sale call us on 01633 870777.