We are coming to the end of a two-week lockdown, which we’re sure won’t be the last, but as we all do our best to stay in and stay safe, the local businesses in our area are really struggling to stay afloat. The owners of these local businesses are your neighbours, the parents who you see on the school run, strangers you politely nod to in the street. Whoever they are, they need your help, now more than ever.
We have put together a list of some of our favourite local businesses to encourage you to live and shop local this winter.
– You can support your local pub and enjoy a traditional Sunday roast at the same time! Jackie and her team are serving lockdown takeaways until they are allowed to reopen.
– With an impressive rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Facebook after you try Pontnewydd Fish Bar you’ll realise why it’s on our list! It’s made us hungry just thinking about their fish and chips.
– If you’re planning on doing some DIY then you should use your local materials supplier, Evans Timber are a family run business selling everything you need to improve your home and garden.
– We don’t want to give away Neil’s age but the team at Cwmbran Carpet Centre have over 30 years of experience with free estimates and a fabulous choice of quality carpets.
– Once lockdown has lifted you’ll be able to enjoy a relaxing round of Golf, a well-deserved meal out or gym workout. Greenmeadow Golf Club has everything you need under one roof.
– Felipe and the team at The Priory have been working hard throughout lockdown to continue to provide food and drinks to their devoted regulars. The restaurant is such a big part of the community in Caerleon so please join them once they reopen.
– New to Caerleon village, Coffiology is a popular spot to grab a coffee and bite to eat with friends. The team are now also putting on a wine and charcuterie evening which we can’t wait to try!
– Has been a popular pub for locals for many years and as recently undergone a renovation offering you a place to eat and drink with your friends.
– Situated in the heart of Caerleon this family business has been serving traditional Spanish dishes for over 30 years. For a truly authentic Spanish meal paired with a full-bodied Spanish Rioja book your table at Curro’s.
– Located on the common in the centre of Caerleon Fresh Start has had a really tough year so we hope that you join us in supporting these lovely ladies as they serve up some of the best deli dishes around!
– Nestled amongst the shops inside the Ffwrwn is our favourite place for a spot of breakfast or lunch. The quaint restaurant is cosy yet offers a delicious menu that makes you want to return again and again!
Independent businesses are facing constant challenges due to the coronavirus, join us as we get vocal about local! If you are moving home and would like some advice and support call our team on 01633 870777